We work with large private and public organisations through to smaller investors and owner occupiers to deliver their perfect commercial project. TS Constructions can work in a variety of ways to suit your needs
- DESIGN & CONSTRUCT
- TENDER RESPONSE
- REQUEST FOR QUOTE
KARMAI CHILDREN'S CENTRE - Master Builders Association of Victoria Building Excellence Awards 2017
( Excellence In Construction of Commercial Buildings $3m - $6m )
SCOPE OF WORKS
Scope of work required demolition of two existing houses, construction of new 1400m2 Child Care building, external play areas, landscaping and entry road / car parking. This replaces the existing 3 buildings used within Korumburra.
- Site consisted of 3 titles and 2 portions of road reserve to be culminated into 1 title.
- Issues at start of the project: an overhead power line had to be redirected prior to commencing the new building.
- Having 2 road reserves, there was underground natural gas in both with 1 being removed after lengthy negotiations with the gas authority.
- The new building by chance was positioned directly over an old rail cutting requiring lengthy screw piles.
- The site had approx 8.0m from the highest to lowest point, this in turn required reasonable cut and fill
QUALITY OF CONSTRUCTION
TS Constructions systems have been externally assessed and accredited to the Insternational Standards of ISO 9001: 2008 (Quality) ISO 14001: 2004 (Environment) and AS/NZS 4801: 2004 (Safety)
VALUE FOR MONEY
Throughout the construction process our team worked closely with the Shire to provide cost options for various components and also options to minimise general and ongoing building maintenance.
The project had a very proactive team from the KCCC Committee to Shire (Superintendant & Staff) along with TS Constructions, this made the overall process a joy to be involved with and ultimately provide a quality building for the Korumburra Community.
Tim Trail, site Foreman was the driving force with daily site activities along with correspondence between all parties. His ability to forward plan and keep the project within the time constraints and budget was certainly appreciated by all involved. This was achieved where approx 8 weeks was lost at the start of the project due to the overhead power relocation.
- South Gippsland Shire, Tony Peterson & Staff
- TS Constructions Team
- KCCC Committee
- Lindy Waldren TS Office Manager
- Bomba Shopfitters
- Gardeners Electronics
- Eli Sheerin Concreting
- Kevin Taranto Glass
- Laser Electrical Traralgon
- MSD Painting
- Plumbers Now Contracting
- South Gippsland Air Conditioning