We work with large private and public organisations through to smaller investors and owner occupiers to deliver their perfect commercial project. TS Constructions can work in a variety of ways to suit your needs
- DESIGN & CONSTRUCT
- TENDER RESPONSE
- REQUEST FOR QUOTE
NEWHAVEN COLLEGE PERFROMING ARTS CENTRE
TS Constructions has developed a project management system accredited to international standard ISO 9001. The management system for the Newhaven College Performing Arts Centre project addressed all significant criteria by the following processes and strategies;
- Trevor Bowler, a Director of the company, was appointed Project Manager and was responsible for all aspects of the planning and execution of the project
- The Project Manager was the key point of contact in all interactions with the client and had extensive experience in previous works at the schools.
- A Site Manager was appointed to the project that was experienced in managing large, multi-trade sites.
- A detailed project plan was developed and tracked to using Microsoft Project that outlined significant tasks and milestones and allocated responsibilities.
- An Environmental Management Plan and a Site Specific Occupational Health & Safety Plan was developed for the project. This took into account site conditions and work practices required to complete the project.
- Ongoing project management was undertaken using an enterprise resource planning (ERP) program called Constructor, which managed the financial transactions associated with the life of the project.
- Regular site meetings were held to report on progress to the client and work through any issues that arose during the build.
- All correspondence was confirmed in writing, with copies kept both in hard and soft formats.
Key construction tasks were identified and scheduled with consideration as to site management, OHS and building industry best practice to ensure a smooth and trouble free workplace and construction process.
The client was keen to see local trades involved in the project both from a community and from and environmental impact point of view. TS Constructions utilised key trades primarily from the local region.
Regular site meetings were held with all stakeholders represented. These were extensively documented and distributed with allocated task lists included.
VALUE FOR MONEY
The process called for a fixed price tender and TS Constructions compiled a submission that combined a competitive price along with an effective, quality finished product in a time frame that was appropriate for the school and scope of works. As part of their internal competitive tender process, TS Constructions selectively requested quotes from a pre-qualified pool of experienced and qualified trades and suppliers. Each submission was carefully analysed against a matrix of experience, skill and price.
The finished building & renovation works represent outstanding value for money. The finishes and inclusions that were required by the client were of a high standard, and TS Constructions managed to deliver to these standards at a competitive price.
The design and finish will wear well, providing a long term, attractive asset for the school community
The renovation of the facility called for some innovative and interesting combinations. The client was wanting an innovate approach to the building rather than the usual stereo typical school buildings. This was discussed in detail between the architect / client & the builder.
The design with its large learning spaces and flexible learning areas make it a bright & vibrate area for the students to nurture & grow with their early learning development. Bright colours, new double glazed windows to maximise light and minimise thermal intrusion provide a visual appeal both internally and externally.
TS Constructions consultative approach and project management processes provided the client with a high level of responsiveness and flexibility. This gave a better result overall.
QUALITY OF CONSTRUCTION
TS Constructions have extensive experience in delivering high quality education facilities. Consistency in construction methodologies and careful management of finishing trades assisted in ensuring that the finished product is stylish and robust to deal with years of active students.
TS Constructions is an ISO 9001 Quality Assured company. The systems that have been put in place during all aspects of a project ensure the highest possible standards. In particular, management of workers, suppliers and sub-contractors is first rate, leading to the best finishes by the most skilled and trained workers.
The facility will encounter heavy traffic and constant usage by a variety of students, staff and visitors. TS Constructions ensured that every aspect of the build was first class and met or exceeded the expectations of the stakeholders and will be usable and durable for a long period of time.
The facility had to continue operating throughout the construction period. TS Constructions has worked extensively in school facilities in the past and have effective management process in place. The project had the potential to be a significant intrusion on the school community and required careful site management by TS Constructions. A traffic management plan was implemented, and specific site inductions stressed the need to manage all traffic movements in a safe manner during designated time frames.
TS Constructions has an integrated Site Management System that has been accredited to, and complies with, ISO 9001 (Quality Assurance), AS/NZS 4801(Occupational Health & Safety) and ISO 14001 (Environmental Management). The Quality, Safety & Environment (QSE) Manual is an overarching document that is used to manage the business processes behind the project. The Site Specific Safety & Environment Plan is used to manage day-to-day site activities.
The Site Safety & Environment Plan contains all processes and forms needed to run a safe, secure and sustainable worksite, including;
- Site establishment checklists
- Environmental management systems
- Induction forms and processes
- SWMS, MSDS and other critical information
The Project Manager was responsible for the smooth flow of contractors and workers and managed them in a way that minimised trade conflicts whilst allowing appropriate workflow.